You can make changes to this
topic using the edit box below.
If you decide that you want to quit without
saving your changes then use the
back button on your browser.
A WikiWeb is an advocate of the DolphinWiki:CathedralVsBazaar method of development. Since it can be edited by a large community of its users, rather than by a small elite group of web authors, it has the potential to grow quite large, very quicky. Therefore, it is important to know how the web is structured so it remains navigable and useful to all.
There are a number of entry points into the WikiWeb.
* First of all there is the FrontPage. This is the first page that most new users see and it also acts as a high level _contents_ page for existing users. You may want to bookmark this page in your browser and note that it is always available by following the _Start Here in this Web_ link in the navigation area at the bottom of each page.
* Next we have the _Categories_ navigation link. In this web we use a dynamic %Category% system to group together related pages and, by clicking on _Categories_, you will be shown a list of all the current groupings available. From this list you can click on a category to locate a page describing it. By using find WikiReferences at this point you can see all the other pages that have been gathered under this category heading.
* Frequent visitors to the web will probably head straight to the _Recent Changes_ link. This displays a list of the pages that have been updated most recently. Obviously, if you have already browsed much of the information available, then you might only want to keep abreast of the changes. You can bookmark this page in your browser to get there quickly
* If you want to search all the pages in the web for a particular piece of text you can perform a WikiSearch from the navigation area.
* Lastly, you can obtain an alphabetical listing of all of the pages in this web by choosing the _Index_ link. As the web grows, this facility may become increasingly less useful.
If you get stuck then visit the %FAQ% page. This maintains a list of frequently asked questions concerning the use of this WikiWeb.
Before you make substantial changes to this web it is important that you understand the web's structure. In particular, when you create a new page you should:
* Categorize it, if appropriate. Visit the %Category% page to find out how to do this. However, don't feel that all pages need to be classified; they don't. It's just that if a suitable category page aready exists you should certainly use it. This, of course, demands that you review the list of available categories quite often.
* If your page warrants inclusion in the overall list of contents on the FrontPage then you should add a link to it there. Remember, though, that the FrontPage is really for quite large subject headings only.
*Related pages:* %WikiBeginnersTopics%